Saturday, March 14, 2009

Storytime

Avery came over for a fun Saturday visit. Avery loves to read - and while a left the room for a moment - I came back and she was reading a book to Tanner. She was being so animated, but got all shy when she realized I was watching.

Even still, everytime I listen to this video it still makes me laugh. Avery has perfected ALL of her animal sounds before she even learned how to talk (she LOVES animals) - but her PIG sound is still MY FAVORITE! And better yet, she keeps doing it over and over.



As you can tell, she still LOVES all the attention!! And I LOVE this girl!!!

Tanner - believe it or not - has developed the same passion for books. Yes, they are fun to eat, but he's finally starting to see past that aspect and he really enjoys us reading to him. He's only 8 months old, but he already has a favorite - Goodnight Gorrilla.



At bed time, I was trying to read him a handful of books, but he kept grabbing for his favorite. I thought it was just my imagination at first, but Grandma said he does the same thing to her too. When she tries to read him other "boring" picture books, he's not interested and pushes them aside. But no matter if it's day or night, he LOVES his peek-a-poo pop-up books and Goodnight Gorilla.

So...I need to beef up my selection of children's literature. Any suggestions for their child's all-time favorite children's book??

The easter bunny is going to make a special delivery this year!