Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Memorable Christmas Memories

Three times the charm, but this time - with PICTURES!!

Rockin' Christmas Eve
Anthony knew just how to convince me to get another XBOX, luring me in with Rockband. We rocked out on Christmas Eve w/some of Anthony's family.





Home for Christmas
We spent Christmas morning in our own home. Tanner had a blast opening this presents.




And amazingly, we had a white Christmas after all...



We headed to Anthony's family for Christmas day feast, a phone call from Casey on the Mission, and some more presents.

Flight to Seattle.
My master plan of taking a late night fight and having Tanner sleep all the way failed me. He wanted nothing to do with sleeping. He was 100% entertained by the unleashing the tray table, kicking the chair in front of us, and pushing the remote buttons on the chairs. He was thoroughly enjoying himself and was laughing hysterically the entire time - but it was late and everyone else wanted to sleep.

Leaving a bag on the airplane.
We're geniuses - we both assumed the other person had grabbed it. I was carrying a sleeping baby and Anthony had to manage the 6+ carryon items we brought. It only had my work laptop and all the must-have items, like toiletries, cell phone charger, shoes, etc. Finally, 2 days later, it was found, safe and sound. Very lucky.

Seeing half my bros for less than 8 hours.
While I was my FIRST Knickerbocker to book my flight to Seattle, everyone else decided they were leaving the first day after Christmas, like at 5 am. I at least got to talk to Jeremy for a few minutes. But the rest, C0llin and Keith, I only managed to get a glimpse out of the corner of my eye half asleep as they were heading out the door. But Collin, you look amazing in your Navy Uniform. He left a boy and is now a man!
Here's some of what we missed -
Christmas Presents
My mom insisting I have a black pair of boots. She got me some for Christmas, but they were too small, so she instantly was calling the stores and trying to locate a pair. If anyone ever wonders where I get my obsessive-compulsive desires for shopping [especially CHRISTMAS shopping], look no further. She goes ALL out every Christmas, and this was no exception. And with all the rain and cold weather, they definitely came in handy. My little ballerina flats would have done me no good.



Avatar
The movie was SO good. Chelsea was not one bit excited about seeing it, but eventually gave in. Even she thought it was amazing. The only bad thing - we got there late and had to sit on the 3rd row from the front. Everyone in my fam ditched us for better seats. Let's just say the Knickerbocker's monopolized the handicap row.





Skiing with the fam
Anthony can hold his own snowboarding, but he decided to try skiing to mix things up. We kept telling him how easy skiing was, but seriously, he should have stuck with the snowboarding. If I would have had a video cam, we'd all be laughing hysterically right now.At first, I was a little rusty, but as the day went on, I conquered my fears and went down the biggest slope. Really, my bro Brendan talked us into it. And once we got to the top, I was seriously regretting it. A portion of the trail was a black diamond. And to top it off, it was super icy underneath, making it impossible to turn. Chelsea and Brendan zipped on ahead of me, and gradually, very gradually, I made my way down.
A view from the top. The trees were so beautiful they looked fake.
(I borrowed the pic from the website - none of us had cams)

But the entire day, I managed NOT to fall once. I was so proud! Even still, the next day, our bodies ached in agony. But my far, it was totally worth it.

Children's Museum
Tanner could have played here ALL day. He was having a blast. From painting, sliding, shopping, riding, climbing, drumming...this place has it ALL.

The next Picasso!
Beep beep!

Making musica, Africano style!
Leave it to Tanner to find a phone...ANYWHERE!
Up on the mountain top playing w/Nanny
This was part of an obstacle course - each kid was suppose to go through it 1 time.
But, Tanner had other ideas and must have gone down 100 times.
Trying to catch a quick snoozer in the tree house.
He made me go get him before he would come down.

Of course he would try to get himself trenched in the water.


Fire engine, fire engine


He was all over shopping!

Wouldn't this be fun to drive!


No, I'll just sit here and let someone ELSE drive me around.

Pleaes, no more pics!

Pike's Place Market -
A trip to Seattle would not have been complete without a visit. Anthony and my dad woke up early to go - and purchased gigantic fresh crab and salmon. Growing up - my dad lived on the east coast and was a huge fan of the Maryland blue crab, but said he's been converted to the west coast dungeons crab. And I have to agree. The babies were huge making them much easier to eat and enjoy. Even Tanner wanted to take part.






Ice Skating -
The one last thing I wanted to do was ice skating. We almost ran out of time, but we tried to get there with an hour left of open skate time. However, the website was wrong, and there was only 30 minutes. Turns out - that was plenty of enough time.

Avery was so excited with the THOUGHT of ice skating, but as soon as her skates touched the ice, there was nothing but screams. I half carried her and half pushed her in one of the children's walkers around a lap before finally giving up. She wanted NO part!
While I was w/Ave, my mom even laced Tanner up in some skates. He looked SO cute with his little skates, puffer jacket, and hat. But unfortunately, he had the same reaction Ave did and I don't trust myself (nor others for that matter) to hold him.Anthony, Lance, and my Dad enjoyed a few laps around...but we realized fast how MUCH older we felt.

Gaming -
The good, old fashioned kind. Re-living our childhood with games on monopoly, hearts, and then a few new ones, like Citadels. I was even gracious enough to let other people win. I'd hate to spoil their fun.

And a few more RANDOM pictures:

While we thought Tanner was taking a nap...


Hanging out with Uncle "Panther" Lance



Obsessed with Dogs! Now, if only the Dogs would only return the LOVE!