Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

Doesn't he make the cutest little vampire???


Seriously, adorable. I admit, I only got the costume cause it was on sale. But then I had this ingenious idea to have Anthony and I dress up like Edward & Bella -- except Anthony thought going as himself would be enough. For me, yes -- for others, probably not so much.



Party, Party!
At first, Tanner wanted nothing to do with his costume. I tried doing everything, but he ended up wearing his costume from last year to the first party we went to. It was a little snug -- but luckily it still fit.

Then he realized candy was involved -- and didn't have any problems wearing it the second night. I guess I did bribe him by telling him about the bounce house. But it worked. Yes -- finally!!



Pumpkin Carving
Then comes carving pumpkins. He didn't mind sticking his hands in there initially and getting all the gunk out...at first. Then he started flinging his hand around and the gunk was going everywhere.

Anthony ended up carving all our friends pumpkins too. Finally, those talented fine motor skills of being a dentist pays off :) He brought home a few special scalping tools from the lab -- and was the hit of the pumpkin carving party.

Sadly enough, the squirrels got to it before Halloween so there wasn't much left of it. Tanner told us "Squirrel mean." Those dang squirrels also decided to take off the nose and shoes of my little scarecrow. Seriously -- it is MEAN!

Trick or Treating at Work

It was fun showing off Tanner at work, but he was painfully shy.

That is, until he got into his "element" and began throwing for the bean-bag toss.

What's up now???

He was amazed by the pumpkin tattoo on his arm.

Trick-or-Treating
By the time Halloween day rolled around, Tanner was jumping at the chance to wear his costume and go Trick-or-Treating for candy. Just look at that SMILE!


And of course, had to visit our favorite neighbor, "Aunt Nell"

Our trick-or-treating friends

He was all business this year -- running as fast as he could -- and dragging his heavy bag of candy with him. I offered to help him -- but he'd -- "No, me hold it." Smart boy -- he knew I'd try to eat some :)

When he'd get to the house, he insisted on picking out one...two...as much as they'd let him. It's hard to turn down a determined two-year-old. But you have to. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop reaching his little arm in there and grabbing the candy. But at least he'd always say thank you.

A few times, people would try to put the candy in the bag for him, thinking they were doing him a favor. But he didn't want any of that either. Mr. Independent had to do it himself.

Last year, I just remembered how he'd try to run into the houses after they'd open the door. He's totally grown up since then -- but as always -- such a hoot.