Happy birthday to my one true love! Here’s a look at all the birthday adventures--
During the day, we took the kids to this awesome indoor trampoline arena. But for some reason, I only took pics of the bounce houses. As you can tell, this is a kids dream come true.
But no matter how old guys get, there’s always a kid still inside of them. Anthony had fun whipping up at ping-pong and Kinnect Adventures.
For dinner, Anthony and I were able to escape kid-free and enjoy an evening all to ourselves. We went out to eat at a nice steak house and even had time to go shopping too.
We baked a cake and sang happy birthday too with the kiddos. Of course, tanner suggested chocolate for the cake, but went with Anthony’s favorite, carrot cake.
When my dad came back in town, he arrived with a box full of fresh west-coast Dungeness crabs, fresh from Pike’s Peak in Seattle! These were the hit of the party!!
Tanner was all about helping wash/clean them. But when it came to eating them, he stayed far away!
My dad grew up in Phillie in the east coast, and they’d host an annual crab fest each summer featuring fresh Maryland Blue Crabs. But those where tiny in comparison to these. Just look at the size of those suckers!!
And yes, we still like to play with our food.
The entire grew, going to town. Most of us girls were highly skeptical and had a few bites here and there – but they guys – they enjoyed a crab or two entirely to themselves!
Brendan was in town visiting too. He’s just like his older sister – officially interning at Deloitte! He was in OKC for the week, but was able to take the weekend off and come to KC.
We all enjoyed extra time with him, especially the kiddos!
Every other year, I’m usually knee deep in tax returns working 60+ hours a week to hit client deadlines. This year, it was so nice just to be able to relax and have fun – and go all out for his birthday.
Babes – It’s hard to imagine life without you by my side. I’m so blessed – and know how lucky I am! I couldn't have picked a better husband or father, thank you for just being you!!


