Sunday, April 6, 2014

Legoland!

Form some pre-spring break excitement, our friends from Dallas came into town!  Yeah! 

Can I tell you how much I love Ruth and her kiddos?  Ruth and Gavin were two instantaneous friends we made when they first moved to Dallas fresh out of law school and Caden was just a tiny 1 year old.   Back when we didn’t have kids and we could play all day and night!  We’ve been best friends since and I’d do anything for her!!!

We made the most of every minute together…going to Tanner’s most coveted spot in the entire world…Legoland, Fritz’s, and Kaleidoscope!

19-FB_Legoland

Tanner watched the master build at work, and some of his masterpieces, like this awesome Optimus Prime Transformer.  I thought maybe if we took a pic, we’d be able to build it when we got home…don’t think so!03-IMG_6452

After a quick tour of the factory learning how Legos are made, I wanted to ask one little question “Then WHY are they SO freaking expensive?”  #rantisover

04-IMG_6458

Then it was time for a ride…a Magical Knight ride where we got to use guns to shoot evil villains.

06-IMG_6463

This is what Brooke thought of the ride…absolutely terrified!07-IMG_646408-IMG_6465

And yet another ride,

09-IMG_646910-IMG_6474IMG_6471

Brooke wasn’t old enough for the other rides, but she had no problems keeping herself entertained.

20-IMG_287711-IMG_6486

We’re still hoping Tanner and Brynlee can keep their toddler love alive and maybe one day we can seal the deal.

23-IMG_2897

Meanwhile, Brooke may have made a new “friend”

13-IMG_6493

And while the boys were busy playing in Lego City play center, these girls wanted to build a house.  15-IMG_650716-IMG_650914-IMG_6505

And someone was sporting some pretty awesome hair!!!

17-IMG_651318-IMG_6515

And thankfully, Rylee was as happy as could be by playing in her stroller…cause it took 110% of my energy to keep up with Brooke.

12-IMG_6489

And when it was time to go, they re-discovered how much fun it was to build and race cars.

22-IMG_2892

21-IMG_2888

Then we headed over to Fritz for a late lunch – and while the kids enjoyed watching a train deliver a meal, I could have done without the oreo milkshake explosion.

01-photo 124-IMG_2904

And last but not least, a trip to Kaleidoscope to get in touch with our creative sides :)

25-IMG_291026-IMG_2913

Tanner wanted to illustrate his own book, while Brooke was content running around here, there, and everywhere while I nursed Rylee and on several occasions, found moms asking, “Is this one yours?”  

Despite ALL the fun things we did in ONE long day…The kids were only wanting to do ONE thing, unanimous – PLAY IN THE BASEMENT! 

Seriously, why do I keep insisting on doing fun, expensive things when they only want to run, be crazy and free.  And by the end of the day, my brain was on crack.  Way over stimulated, and I didn’t even partake of all the action.   

I get it though, basements are a huge novelty, especially when they’re a kid-only zone loaded with plasma cars, scooters, and all the toys I don’t let creep upstairs.

So next time kiddos, the basement is ALL yours!

And thankfully, we didn’t have to wait long before we got to see them again.  This time in their home in Dallas :)  Ruth made us a super yummy dinner and we got lots of playtime together at their house and a neighborhood park.  We love our friends!!!