When I was writing this last post, I kept thinking I’d written it before. But I couldn’t find it anywhere…that is until I finished it. Of course I’d do something like that :) So here you have it…again!
*******************************************************
Guess who just turned 6 months? Yep, this sweet lil thang!
And I'm thinking I couldn't have picked a better name for her. She's always so riled up! She's spunky, opinionated, and half crazy. She never sits still and is always on the go.
Most notable, however, was her new found TONGUE! She had a tongue fetish…and would just play with it forever ever. Sticking it as far as she could…
But mostly just chewing on it for fun…or sticking it out all curled like this.
When my friends saw this, they couldn’t stop laughing. But to me, it’s just our every day Rylee. But it still may be one of my favorite pictures of her.
At the beginning of the month, Rylee was just barely learning how to sit up. yes, she was rolling over frontwards and backwards, actually side-to-side, you know what I mean.
But by the end of the month, she was a moving machine.
At before she even turned 6 months, she's crawling! She gets up on all fours, shakes her bum up in the air, and then launches herself forward.
Although she's still figuring out all the fine intricacies and usually ends up going backwards instead. And when I leave her for 30 seconds, I always find her stuck underneath the couch, just like this.
But she's especially proud of herself when she reaches her destination...TOYS!!!
Compare this to Brooke who was a super strong, but still a beached whale. Brooke was amazingly strong, but if I put her on her back, she'd just start doing krunches until she was sitting up...but she didn't move. And then she'd be amazing content.
While Rylee...the girl never stops moving. Even when I'm holding her...standing up and jumping out of my hands, pulling my hair...and even when it's up...she finds those teeny wheeny baby hairs. Sticking her hands in my mouth and ears. Launching herself towards a toy, food, or her favorite, cup of water. I never know when her spunkiness will hit...so I have to be especially careful. Her signature move, when she really wants something, anything, even just to be picked up or a toy or food or anything, she opens her mouth ALL THE WAY and starts to get all excited and pant, huff and puff! Okay, now I'm making her sound like a dog :) Not quite like that, but it's pretty cute!
And she loves bathtime...because she has unrestricted access to her favorite thing...WATER! When I fill it up, she tried to wrap her mouth around the faucet. And after that, she attack my cup like her life depends on it. She LOVES water! Any way she can get it. But sadly, I think it's time to say goodbye to our baby tub and join the other kids in the real bathtub.
She's adorable. She gets hyper, laughs out of control, and gives the biggest smiles. Always. She's super social... loves to be held. She loves to be cuddled. And she loves to laugh.
The best part…she’s always laughing!!! Tanner and Brooke can really get her going. Seriously, I can’t get enough of the raw, full body belly laughs.
Around other people, they think she's the cutest, best baby ever! And she is...until it's time to go to sleep.
She has most people convinced that she never needs sleep. Cause she sleeps for 30 mins max for naps and typically takes 30 minutes to get to sleep. She'll sleep longer than that under one condition -- she's asleep in my arms. She's SPOILED! And she wakes up at night every 2-3 hours, more than she ever did as a newborn. Most mornings, neither Anthony or myself have any recollection on how she got to our bed. But she's there...all cuddled up next to me. Anthony wakes up to bring her to me. And while I remember multiple feedings and multiple kickings...I don't wake up enough to do anything about it. Until 6am hits, and I'm exhausted...but some little baby is ready to start the day. She goes to bed last and is the first to wake up...what's wrong with the picture!!! We need an intervention. We need help. Oh what I would do for a solid 8 hours of interrupted sleep. Heck, at this point, I'd take even 4 hours!!!


