A year ago, this lil girl entered the world pushing and pulling herself out, and she hasn't stopped since! She's in constant motion - climbing, walking, sliding, laughing, clapping, waving, toilet lunging, pulling hair (sorry Brooke!), giving lip-smacking smooches and obsessing over everyone else's belly buttons. And doing everything except sleep.
May your energy and passion never end! In the meantime-- please share with the rest of us!!!
Happy Birthday Rylee!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First, we celebrated by playing ALL day long on her birthday.
Her new fave – Open Gym at Pinnacle Gymnastics! She rocked this place! And I spent most the morning chasing this crazy around.
Brooke was also running around non-stop too.
Then we went to lunch at Pizza West – and ate our hearts content until we became obese. Rylee approved too - pretty sure she ate more than any other kid there.
Once Tanner got home from school, we went to Zonkers for more bounce house jumping and arcade games. Whew!
Later that night we picked up Grandpa Callison from the airport and he got to play all weekend long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Sunday, we celebrated her birthday with the whole family (minus my parents who were in NC visiting Jeremy & Corrine’s newest edition – Harper!)
A party isn’t a party…without all these goodies.
This little girl got lots and lots of attention…from her Uncle Jon…who is AWESOME with kids.
I kept trying to take pictures of her, and she kept chasing after me trying to get the camera. *sigh*
But I do have to say, that there is truly something magical about those baby steps. I could watch her little drunken walk all day long!!!
And of course, lots of shenanigans! Taylor was dressing up all her little subjects.
And Rylee’s favorite part…the CAKE!
It was hard holding her back…she wanted to grab the cake, birthday candle and all!
Tanner thought it was going to be so cool that Rylee was going to do a CAKE SMASH! He couldn’t stop laughing when I told him about it.
And thankfully, she didn’t disappoint. She dug right in! before I could even get the camera out.
And I wish I should have had filmed the ENTIRE thing – especially when she picked up the entire cake and tried to fit it in her mouth! She was going crazy!!!
Can’t say I blame her, it was delicious Strawberries ‘n Cream cake, baked from scratch with over a pound of strawberries covered with cream cheese frosting. Yummers!
And finally, I got a video of the very tale end.
And the PRESENTS!
Grammy and Grandpa gave her this adorable baby doll…and she couldn’t wait to get her hands on it. Not only does it have moving eyes (from some reason, she’s obsessed with the eyes) but it also signs “Jesus Loves Me!” This is now everyone’s favorite doll…
What do you get the girl that already has everything? One of her favorite things to do is go to a music and movement class once a week so I got her a music cd and rhythm sticks. And she LOVES playing with these sticks.
Best $2 ever spent.
Then we pulled out all the kid musical instruments and jammed out!
Some more than others, love this :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I would like to go on the record for saying part of me feels like I reached a HUGE milestone. I survived ONE whole year.
ONE whole year of not sleeping. There was never one night were she didn’t wake up at least 2-3 times a night, most nights were closer to 4-5 times, every 2-3 hours just like a newborn. And she wasn’t any better during the day – I can count on one hand the times were naps were over an hour long. So it’s a been a LONG year.
ONE whole year of exclusively nursing…the longest I made with the other 2 was 10-11 months. And Rylee, if it were up to me, would be done too!
ONE whole year of constant motion. Toilet plunging, hair pulling, stair climbing craziness. But it’s been a fun ride, and now I can say, it’s gone by SO fast. My little baby is all grown up!
But I’ll be honest, I’m ready for life’s next adventures. Now I’m prepared – and holding on tight! Wahooo…let’s let the next year’s adventures begin!
PS – And thank you Scarlett for letting us “borrow” the adorable pink dress.


