As economicists would always say, time is not ever "free" cause there's always the opportunity cost. But speaking in real terms - I very rarely have "free" time. Actually, any "free" time that I may have is usually spent with Tanner (or blogging about Tanner for that matter). Yet as I run around in this crazy world of mine, I'm always thinking about what I would do if I had more time. And I've decided.
In the hypothetical sense, if I did have "free" time, I would most I would most definitely create two things:
1 - My own cooking blog. I love to cook and create new things. Yes, I realize I'm an accountant and creativity is not my strong suite, but cooking is the exception and I really LOVE it. Actually, baking is my true passion. Desserts are so much more fullfilling than dinners. And I could live off of homemade bread. Not sure which is better. Cooking - Baking - same difference. I use them interchangeable.
But since time is something I'm extremely short on, I'm content to copy other people's ideas. At least for now....
http://www.ourbestbites.blogspot.com/
So here is a new cooking blog that I recently discovered and absolutely love it. While the recipes use mostly natural ingredents and start from scratch, they are still very simple and easy. And even better yet, healthy! (at least some of them) Best of all, it includes many pictures and so much personaility (it's two lds girls). So much better than following a cook book. I love it and hope you will too!
2 - Create my own Frugal website. I'm obsessed with saving money. I think this is what even drove me to be an accountant. I wanted to do something that would have a positive impact on others lives and noticed that financials were usually the main cause of marriage problems. So I went in thinking I would be a personal financial planner. Well - most of the good paying jobs involve sales pitches - which is not my thing - so somehow I ended up as a tax accountant. And it still provides me an opportunity to save them money by paying less taxes. I love to help and educate people on these things.
But back to the subject. Yes, I work full-time and make what I would consider a good chunk of change. However, I'm also supporting our family as my husband is in dental school. I always joke that he's my long-term investment - one day it will pay off and I will no longer have to work. But to get to that point, we're hoping to escape dental school debt-free. While the average dental student owes $105K in student loans, we're hoping to owe nada. And yes, tuition was due on Friday and we wrote out a check. It is painful to watch that much money go away - but EDUCATION is definitely worth every penny and splurging whenever possible (and I don't say that very often).
So I'm still possibly tossing around the idea of creating my own blog devoted to saving money, passing along my ideas and sugestions, but since busy-season is just around the corner, this might have to wait until spring. Who knows!


