Saturday, May 9, 2009

New set of wheels


Yes, I fianlly decided to buy a new bike. I've been wanting to get a bike ever since we got married and lived in an apartment that backed up to White Rock Lake. The lake is gorgeous and serene, although it's not far from downtown Dallas. The best part is that is has 10-15 miles trails that wrap around it.
We still live within a few miles of the lake, but I've just forgotten about it. I got in the habit of going to the gym to workout...at least until I got pregnant and had Tanner. Now I want something we can do together as a family. Anthony already got a new bike last fall.

Then I wasn't sure if it was worth speding the money on a new bike, but once I found a great deal, the decision was easy. Who can say no to this? Not only was it on sale for 40% off, but then my firm reimburses 50% as part of health & fitness initiative and the store was offering add'l 20% "rebate."
And I seriosuly love, love the bike. Anthony looked over all the specs, but I just love how it looks and rides. It's still a road bike, but the handlebars are different (which the pic doesn't show).

Riding a bike just makes me feel like a kid again. I love the feeling of having the wind brush against your face and even as a kid, it never really has felt like "exercise" to me.
Once I get good, I will start toting Tanner around the trails with me. Or convince my hardcore friends to come with me.