Sunday, September 20, 2009

30 Going on 13!

A date night with friends reminded me of the movie "13 going on 30" - except in reverse order.

A trip to the roller-skate rink on a Friday night will definitely bring you back to your younger days. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones over 14 skating. If only I had a camera, you could have seen for yourself...
  • Gavin dancing to the Chicken Dance when they announced his bday, the big 3-0! we were trying to embarass him, but it didn't work. he loved every minute of it!
  • Me biting the dust when this girl came out of nowhere & ran into me.
  • Anthony 'trying' to be cool by skating backwards. While he was def better than me, but i'll tell you, that didn't take much.

So that was us. On other hand, Ruth and Gavin were showing off all sorts of tricks - like her skating underneath gavin's legs and gavin doing the "running man" dance move with skates.

As you can tell, the other couple we were with totally showed us up, but I think they planned it that way cuz it was their idea - well - Gavin's idea at first and then I guess Anthony agreed. But I promise he had never seen my on roller skates or he may have re-thought his decision.

But I actually new 3 of the kids there from church so I was feeling sorta cool - like I was in the "in-crowd". And one of them even offered to help me when I fell. So at least I have friends, right :) And for anyone else interested, next weekend is Michael Jackson Tribute Night!