We had SO much fun with Tanner this year for Halloween. He was our little Alien!

And stripping it off a few times and throwing a tantrum...he finally did wear it. The things parents to do their kids...
First - we started the day with a trip to the Dallas Arboretum. It was so busy and crowded - but Tanner loves to roam the outdoors like a free spirit.


Second - we went to a Halloween carnival at church.

If Tanner would have had his way, he would have stayed in the bounce house the ENTIRE time.

He was like a little sumo wrestler - extra padding and all - along with his "helmet" so the more he fell, the more he laughed.
Tanner won't even try the cotton candy. I can't say I blame him, I've never been a big fan.
But he loves popcorn- he helped himself to several bags when I wasn't looking.
Him and a fellow alien were plotting to take over the world.

Last but not least - Trick or Treating around the neighborhood.
Tanner figured out quickly what this was all about - and loved grabbing pieces of candy and throwing him in the bag.
But really, it wasn't the candy he was after. When no one was looking, he'd sneak into their house and start running. I'd have to climb over several children and catch him down the hall. He's not the least bit afraid of strangers.
Along the way, Tanner helped himself to his loot - even with the wrappers on. Starburst and Smarties wrappers eventually dissolve in your mouth if you suck on it long enough. So we let Tanner eat those. And the rest of course, is for mom and dad :)
Tanner wasn't too excited about putting his costume on...again...

But he eventually warmed up to it...
nd when Chels was little, she always dreamed of being a witch.

PS - This year, I waited until the last minute to find a costume. I definitely do NOT recommend it. Several of the stores were completely sold out...but it did finally pay off. This one by far was the cutest and it was only $4!


