Monday, August 30, 2010

Preschool

First day of preschool for Tanners - he runs out to the play ground and he doesn't look back.

And here I've been stressing about how he's going to be so emotional and freak out. But, then again, we didn't escape completely. The teacher told me that part came later when he realized we weren't just at the "park" playing.


I still think he's too little to go to school, but we've been extremely blessed to have family watch him as a baby and toddler. Now that he's 2, I think he'll really enjoy being around other kiddos. Plus, we don't have many options since we can't seem to keep the fam around for very long :) Last spring I must have visited 10+ schools until I found the perfect one. If I were a kid, it would be the school I'd want to go to.

Besides from still being a complete and total mommy's boy, he's gotten so BIG and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. While I love being able to hear inside that head of his as he tells me this or that, sometimes I just want my little tiny baby back in my arms.

First day back at work for me too. I wish I could approach it with Tanner's enthusiasm. One thing I've learned over the past month - life is short - make the moments count for all they are worth.