For all those demanding preggo pics, this is as good it gets :) This was when I was just 4 weeks shy of due date, and now there's less than 2 weeks to go.
Here are the best 2 friends in the world who put together a splendid baby shower. I'm one lucky girl!!
Doctor's Orders - At my 37 week appointment, my doctor informed me that I should be on "modified bedrest." I had been joking with friends how joyace such an occassion would be, but when it was "for reals" I didn't have quite the same reaction. The fact that any little thing could be wrong set me off in tears. But after I got over the initial shock and re-assured myself through prayers that everything was going to be okay, I've been trying to make the most of it.
Here's how Tanner has been getting ready for the baby:
Tanner seems to be demanding 110% of my attention. Not sure if this is normal considering the baby hasn't even come yet... We play for hours each day and it's still never enough for him. And considering my mobility and energy is comparable to that of an 80 year old lady...it's not neccessarily easy. But I'm lucky for this time that we do have together. When I get sappy, I think of him 20 years down the road and wishing for more moments to do nothing else but just play.
While complaining about how much this lil girl was killing my back, Tanner responded, "It's ok. She doesn't mean too!" He's already sticking up for his lil sis.
Baby Bunny - Lately, he's taken up an obsession with his tiny little baby bunny he got when he was first born. He gently cares for it and it's not uncommon to hear, "Ssshhhhhh, her is sleeping!" Or she'll be hungry and want bottle. Or sometimes he goes in his tummy. I just hope all this pretend baby play is getting him ready for the big day!!
Choosing a Name - When we first mentioned to Tanner that his new little sister would be named Brooke, his reaction was "No, you can't name her that. Her will cry!" He seemed to have a change of heart cause the next day he was playing Legos and one of the guys names happened to be named Brooke. When I asked him if it was still okay to name her Brooke, he said, "It's okay. I think her will like it."


