When we listed our house, it sold over the weekend. We were very blessed. Showing a house with a newborn baby was tough -- not only keeping the home meticously clean for a showing on a moments notice but staging it as if we didn't have a baby so it wouldn't look so cluttery.
Looking back at the pictures, I'm already getting sad. I loved this little house. I'm not sure if it was because it's our first home, or we put so much sweat equity into it, or becase after 6 years I finally updated and decorated just how I would like it.

It's come a LONG way since we first purchased it 6 years ago. The home was a forclosure and seriously, everything was removed. We had to installed toilets, light fixtures, appliances, everything! And that's just the beginning...We put so much "sweat" equity into that home. But it made off -- it was single handedly the best financial decision Anthony and I have made.
But just when I got everything just how I wanted it, we moved. And now I'm starting all over with another home. It's a little overwhelming, but at least we don't have to worry about installing toilets this go around. I don't think Anthony would ever go with another home that needed that much work.
Our amazing realtor, Matt Twomey, with Highlands Real Estate, was such a life saver. I was stressing out every moment of the way, but he was so pleasant and reassuring. Another top realtor in the area tried to tell us we should list our house for $30K less than we did, but Matt helped us to sell it for top dollar -- and still sold it fast. He gave great advice on staging our home, recommendations for cheap contractors, and would help with anything -- like coming over on a moment's notice when I locked myself out after a showing. He even helped give advice on our home purchase in KC. Plus, he's cheaper than most other realtors. So -- if you ever realtor, I have a guy for you.














