Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pretty Little Girl

My little Brooke is 4 months old today.  Oh my, it's been a crazy four months, but she's made it wonderfully sweet.  And I'm one lucky momma to have such a precious and beautiful little girl.  

I'm not sure if it's those gorgeous long lashes that reach her eyebrowns (seriously, I'm jealous!) or her wide open smile that just melts every heart, but she's just the absolute cutest little girl.  Of course I'm her mom and think she's the most pretty little thing, but at church or the store or park or really EVERYWHERE I go, people are constantly reminding me.  One person thought she looked so pretty she looked like a fake baby doll :)

But it's more than her looks that get me.  It's the furoious little attack when she really wants something.  She goes all in with all the energy she can muster to grab whatever it is she wants.  Usually more milk or her pacifier, but nowadays, it's everything from her Sophie giraffe to my hair to all her fingers and toes - in which case the more the merrier.  She's quite good at grabbing her pacifier and especially taking it out.  It's putting it back in that's she's still mastering.  One day I snuck a peak of her alseep with her pacifier in her mouth -- upsidedown :) 

She's also quite the little momma's girl.  There's just something about her that makes her nervous when I'm not around.  She tolerates formula, but not very often and gets quite worked up in the meantime.  At night, she just wants to be held, and cuddled, and nursed to sleep.  And if you leave out the latter, well, be prepared.  But I can't complain. 

Beauty Sleep

She gives me a break whenever I need it.  The night before we moved into our house, Brooke slept straight through the night.  She went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake up until 7am.  When she woke up, I had to look to make sure she was still alive.  It was absoulately wonderful.  She was just 10 weeks old -- and let's just say Tanner was at least 11 MONTHS old before he did that -- and it was only because we let him cry it out.  But Brooke, entirely on her own, and at such a young age.  I was afraid to say anything, thinking I'd jinx myself and it'd be a one-time fluke, but she hasn't disappointed.  She now typically sleeps 8-9 hours straight.  She'll wake up around 5-6 for a little snack, and go right back to sleep until 8-9 am.  Trust me, this has been a much needed BLESSING.  I'm not a morning person, and I'm not a happy person unless I get my sleep.  During the day, I'm still trying to get her on some sort of predictable sleep schedule, but our lives have been so crazy that I haven't had much success.   

New tricks

I never lay her on her belly, but the doctor's keep raving about it, so I try it every now and then.  Well, one day I layed her on her tummy and instantly, she just rolled over.  Like it was no big deal.  She was just two months old.  Don't ask me how she did it, but she did.  But I don't think Brooke knows either cause she hasn't done it since.  She's incredibly strong, and if you could dangled a pacifier in front of her, she'd probably do it again.  But in the meantime, we'd rather her go peacefully asleep that faceplant into our bedroom sheets so we don't encourage that sort of behavior.

Being heard

Being the second child, it's hard to be heard.  But Brooke doesn't let anything stop her.  She loves to make all the cutest little sounds.  She likes to talk-- take a look on the video to see for yourself.  Lately when she wants to get your attention, she'll start making these fake coughing sounds.  "Ahem, look at ME now!"



Her little spunk and personality is already starting to come out and I've decided, this is my favorite age.  Big enough they can be hold their own head, smile, and laugh, but little enough to let you hold them and cuddle them.  Oh yes, let's keep her this way forever. 



PS -- These pictures were taken when she was 3 months old, but they're the most recent I have, so enjoy!