Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Graduation–the Big D

In December, my “little” bro Brendan graduated from UNT and we went to celebrate for the weekend. Sorry Brendan, no matter how tall or old you get, you’ll always be my little brother :)

IMG_2076IMG_2079

People always say we’re the most alike of all the siblings – maybe in looks, personality, and let’s just add charm while we’re at it :).  Thus, it shouldn’t come as a complete shocker then that he decided to graduate in Accounting.  And will be interning at Deloitte this Spring.  Not sure if Deloitte in Dallas is ready for 2 Knickerbockers!  But that’s probably why he decided audit…and I’m in tax.  Just sayin.

My parents and Chelsea’s family joined in the celebration.  A fun pre-grad celebration…

IMG_2105IMG_2082IMG_2100IMG_2106

And yes, the whole family joined in for the graduation ceremony.  Don’t ask what I was doing with a sick infant at the noisiest place in all of Denton that was just getting started at her bedtime.  But it was worth it to see that smile on Brendan’s face. 

IMG_0875

And Quincy was in her element – she was a huge fan of all the cheering and waiving.  I’m pretty sure she cheered for 99% of the folks, but she was the loudest for Brendan.  Brooke, on the other hand, didn’t have a clue what was going on.  And I questioned what I was doing with 2 little kids at the nosiest in Dallas. 

IMG_0867

Tanner walked right up to Brendan and gave him a huge hug – he was so proud of him.  Tanner kept asking me, “Did Brendan win?”  Next time, I need to explain college for a preschooler.

IMG_0874

The next day, we went to the new “Perot Museum of Nature and Science.”  Seriously, why did they have to wait until AFTER we left to finish the coolest museum ever.  Even I had fun!  This place was seriously high-tech.  The steps that played music as you walk down, the motion sensor scoreboard and race track, programmable robots, and I can’t even name all the coolest I saw.

IMG_0864IMG_2123

Tanner would have been happy to stay in the Construction Zone all day.  Which was fine with me – which meant more talking with friends and family.

IMG_2109IMG_2119IMG_2121IMG_2131IMG_2117

And last but not least, we went out to my absolute favorite Mexican restaurant, Chuy’s!  And even Brooke and Quincy approved!!

IMG_0880  IMG_0878

Thanks for the fun weekend.  Brendan – we’re proud of all that you’ve accomplished!  But looking forward to the future cause I know BIG things will soon follow.  “Oh the places you’ll go!!”