Lil Ms. Brooke is ONE! We had these indoor pics taken, and since you only turn ONE once, we had these outdoor pics too.
And I absolutely love, love how they BOTH turned out.
These pics bring out her girl-li-ness, her sweet, sweet smile with the lil round cheeks!! And what’s not to love about SPRING with all the grass and flowers in full bloom! I just happen to LOVE this lil Spring Blessing!!!
It's hard to have a tea party by yourself...wouldn't she love a lil playmate? Well -- we thought so. The best gift my parents ever gave me was sisters. Brooke's bday present (part 2) will be arriving in Oct 2013!
And of course she was all smiles when she was PLAYing
I couldn’t resist this cute cute hat! Brooke wasn’t a huge fan…but appeased us for a few fun shots!
And she wasn’t really sure if she was ready to be in a good mood. I had to wake her up from her nap (it was past 5:00pm), and she had a major blow-out in the car, and was not in the mood for playing. But, with a lil persuasion and magic, she began to do her thang, smiling so perfectly!!
And Ms Brooke being so playful! Peek-a-boo!!
She kept trying to run right towards me!
This is the face she makes whenever she’s doing something she’s not suppose to be doing. Totally CAUGHT!
And here, she shows ALL her many smiles!
Her bashful smile!
Her “I’m a perfect lil angel” look
Her “I’m read-to-go play!” look
And these last few, might just be my favorite. Love how her whole face radiates when she smiles!!!
And of course, those 7 lil teeth popping through!
It’s so crazy to think that a year has already gone by! And with selling our house in Dallas and moving to KC, it’s been such a crazy year that I don’t think I ever got to just sit, relax, and hold my lil newborn baby girl!!!
But then there were many days and nights, where the only thing we could do to get her to sleep was to rock her asleep, holding her tight in my arms. How I LOVE those memories, and how I HOPE they never fade!
And now with #3 on the way, she’s not going to stay a baby for long. Sometimes, I wonder how I can give each one of my precious children enough love and attention, how they will know our eternal joy they bring to our lives, and how much I cherish their sweet smiles!!!
And while there’s going to be less of “me” to go around, I remember my own experience in my family, being one of seven other siblings. And I never doubted my parent’s love for me. And while there was “less of them” to go around all of us eight kids, there was other siblings were are my bestest friends, even still today.
Then I see Tanner play with Brooke, and his ability to make her utter the loudest, whole body laughter with one silly face and one lil hug. And then I remember – while they’ll be less of me – they’ll always have each other. And that’s the greatest gift I can give them!!!


