Sick as a dog.
One long month of drudgery. Ear infection in both ears. Strep throat. Yeast Infection. High Fever followed by a rash all over his body - most likely Roselo. Hence, many long, sleepness nights, OD on children's Tylenol, and 3 trips to the doctor followed by many more phone calls. But he FINALLY is all better. However, what took me 8 months to get Tanner to sleep through the night was quickly unwound in just a few days of illness...so we're starting all over...and hoping it goes MUCH quicker the second time around.
And while Anthony and I have had our own fair share of sickness, one look at this bright eyed, open face smile can do wonders for the soul. There's no other feeling quite like it. On top of the world.

Couches. Crib.
Bookshelfs. Windows. Chairs. Bathtub. 
Unfortunately, he's still learning - allbeit the hard way -that not everything works so well. Like the fireplace screen is for decoration purposes only and cannot support a 22 lb Tanner. He got the message when it came tumbling down on him. Needless to say, we apparently need to start childproofing.
Avery has spent the night which Chelsea was doing her 3rd shift clinicals for school. At first, Avery hadn't warmed up to Tanner. On the other hand, Tanner was quite obessive over her and was insistent on her attention. He would follow her around and Avery would complain "I don't want him to come get me" or "he's hurting me" anytime Tanner layed a finger on her.
It really was quite amusing...but Tanner found a way into her heart. By the end of the day, she was telling me, "I don't want Tanner to take a nap" and loved making him smile and giggle - and she's really good at it. She also helped feed him, change him, bath him, etc. She kept asking - who sleeps with Tanner - and was very concerned that he sleeps in the crib by himself all night long. The best part, when we were gettin ready for church, she entertained him while I got ready. And while we were getting our church bag together, she made sure she got toys and snacks together too. Whatever she did, Tanner had to do also.
I always thought juggling two kids would be completely overwhelming...but I'm starting to see the light at the other end of the tunnel.
I always thought that once he started crawling, I'd have to complete with the world for his attention. But it's quite the opposite. He still can't get enough of me and makes it clear that I'm the center of his world. For example, one morning Anthony got up early to let me sleep in a little longer. When I awoke, they were playing together in the family room. As soon as the little man saw me, he started "sprinting" towards me. It wasn't easy - Anthony was blocking him. But he climbed over him and flipped himself over - and then just kept right on crawling until he got to me. 
hammer time

this toy was intended for some kids that were visiting...
but tanner still was very much amused by it



