Saturday, April 18, 2009

You have got to me $%!$%#$% me!

Quite literally.


I never thought the comparision to having a dog was anything like having a baby.


Until today.





So let me explain.


Tanner has had a bad diaper rash - most likely a yeast infection (and yes, boys apparently can get these). It all started with the antibotics he has been on to treat his ear infection - which kills the good bacteria that normally prevent these such things.


His ped recommended getting as much exposure to the air as possible. I thought I'd trying lying him down for a nap, but Tanner wanted nothing to do with a nap. I thought it would be safe to let him stand up and play with his favorite toy for a while. He had nursed over 2 hours ago, had a wet diaper, and already had 2 poopy diapers for the day - more than his average.


Well - I leave for a minute or two to put away some toys in his room. I hear this cry I've never heard him make before - it wasn't his normal tired or whiny or sad or hungry cry. It sounded different - so I thought I better go check it out.


And this is what I found. Now I've learned this is Tanner's - "Holy Cow. What is going on!" cry.


But I still haven't learned my lesson. I heard the same cry again this morning. When I laid him down for a nap, I took off his diaper and laid him on a water-proof mat.

A few minutes later, a crying Tanner. When I went to check on him, him and the blankets were soaking wet. The water-proof mat - in a corner by it's lonesome self. Tanner, apparently, decided he wouldn't be needing it.


I hope potty training goes nothing like this!!