I gave him one simple task before he headed to school -- to learn the name of one friend. As soon as he finished school, he came running to tell me, "Guess what? I have a new friend named Beniniah!" That's quite a name!
In my last post, I forgot to mention a few of the fun activities we did getting ready for school.
One of my personal favorite books, "The Kissing Hand" tells the a little racoon's fears before the first day of school. The mom kisses the little boys hand and tells him his hand will carry the kiss whereever he goes so he'll always know of his mother's love.
We traced Tanner's hand in the sign language sign for "I LOVE YOU!". Tanner then cut out a heart and put it in the middle. Simple but cute!
We also read another book, "Splat the Cat" and made a cute cat puppet using materials from around the house. Afterwards, it was hard to tell if it was a cat or a mouse...


