Sunday, September 30, 2012

Food Fetish

Brooke has a little problem. Okay, maybe a big one. She's obsessed with food. Seriously. She's got some rolls...and I have a feeling they're only going to get bigger.




  
She's now 5 months old. I was deadset on waiting until 6 months to begin feeding her solids [like her pediatrician recommended], but Brooke had other ideas. She kept doing this...



She just stares at the food.  If you don't get the idea, she'll start going huffing and puffing, and squeeling with delight when she sees something she wants, and whines if you try to derail her or just aren't going fast enough.  And it works -- people can't help put break off lil tiny iddy bitty bites of food for her and share. 

Right now, the only official baby food she's had it brown rice. She usually tries to get the entire bowl, as if one spoonful at a time isn't fast enough. She's never crazy about spoon feeding, but she does eat as much as I'll give her.



If I go to get a glass of water, she insists on having some too.  She'll throw her entire body, hands, face, every ounce of her surges with energy towards the glass until she succeeds.  I wasn't expecting it one day and she nearly fell out of my hands. 

It looks a little something like this...but this is the mild version after the 100th or so attempt. 


She prefers the real people food we eat, but she's really not picky.  Everything I put in her mouth, she eats.  She might make a funny face, but she'll eat it.  And when she's done, she'll look at you, and ask, with those big puppydog eyes, "More puh lease?"



So, I need to get the food streamer and food processor out and start making some baby food!!