Sunday, October 7, 2012

Quote Worthy

Kids say the darnest things...here's just what I happen to remember.  And hope I never forgot!


Tanner and Avery playing outside.  They find a dandelion and begin to make a wish.  Avery started with some silly, nonsensical wish.  Tanner's one wish, "Avery, I wish you'll always be my very best friend!"



A week later,  Avery was getting ready to leave for vacation. 
     Tanner: Good-bye Mom. 
     Me:  What?
     Tanner: You're going to miss me.
     Me:  Where are you going?
     Tanner:  I'm going on the trip with Avery!

So far, Tanner having his cousins close by has been the biggest perk of living in KC.  Jared, Brittany, and Mason were out of town for the first month we lived here, but they've been playing together ever since too.

Decorating has come along slowly.  But I finally decided where I wanted to hang this huge canvas picture of Tanner.  Isn't he so stinking cute ??



We had it hanging out on the floor underneath where I wanted to hang it - before I got Anthony to put a nail in the right spot.  The next morning, I found Tanner talking to his picture of himself and playing alongside it all day long.  Not sure what he was saying, but it was absolutely adorable.


One night, we went for a walk in our neighborhood around the fishing pond a few houses down.  As we were starting out on the trail,

Tanner began to ask, "Mommy, are we going to see any BEARS?" {We're Going on a Bear Hunt" just happens to be one of his favorite stories]
My response, "No, there's not going to be any bears.  We're in a neighborhood.  Animals don't live here."

Right then, we both look up, and less than 20 feet in right in front of us, there's 2 huge deer.  The deer just stared and us, and we just stared back.  It was just eating away, like it's no big deal.  Guess mom's aren't always right.


Tanner has a Lego addiction -- morning, noon, and night -- he plays with his Legos.  One morning, Tanner had a specific question in mind.
     Tanner: Mom, I'm trying to find the firefighters head.  Can you help me?
     Me: Sure.  Here's a head -- picking out 1 of the many dismantled heads.
     Tanner: No Mom.  That's not it.  It looks like this [insert picture of Tanner imitating Lego mini-figure's         facial expression.]
     Me:  Right, Got it!!
Seriously, hilarious.  He was getting so frustrated.  "No, he doesn't have a mustache!  No, there's no glasses!"  Finally, he found the instructions and showed me.

Lesson learned -- never let friends come over and dismantle every Lego mini-figure unless you want to spend ours piecing them back together.  Exactly as they came.  Tanner will know!!


Getting ready for school...is always a challenge...and we're always late.  One day, I was feeding Brooke and asked Tanner to get his shoes on.  It went something like this.

"Tanner, just get your shoes on.  Any shoes, I don't care!"
A few minutes later.  "Are you sure I can wear any shoes?"
Emerges Tanner, with shoes.  Flip flops to be exact.  And just happened to be wearing socks.
Me:  Laughing hysterically.  Are those the shoes you want to wear?
Tanner: Stop laughing at me.  Y-E-S!!
Me:  Ok, let's see how fast you can run in them.
Tries for a second.  "Mom, I changed me mind!"
I love the new found independence, but the line has be drawn somewhere.


I got a shirt for you to wear.  It has pictures of guitars and says, "My Mom Rocks!"
"No," replies Tanner.  "It says my DAD rocks!!"
It's true.  His dad does rock! 

Later that day, Tanner told me he couldn't wait to be a dad. 
Anthony must be doing something right...cause Tanner is his number 1 fan!! 


Putting up Fall Decorations, which includes certain Halloween and Thanksgiving Books displayed on the bookshelf. 

Tanner, points to a particular book, "Mom, I want to read the story about Nephi."
Me:  That's not Nephi, that's The Story of the First Thanksgiving.  Remember the Pilgrims?
Tanner:  No, Mom.  It's Nephi.  Remember, he built a boat too?  Tanner begins to sign...
"Nephi was courageous and this was his reply--
I will GO I will DO, the things the Lord Commands. 
I know the Lord provides a way he wants me to obey."


Grandpop just moved to KC and we've all been spending a lot of time together.

Grandpop: What you going to be for Halloween?
Tanner: A fireman. What are you gonna be? Grandpop: I don't need a costume, this is as good as it gets. What do you think I look like?Tanner: Nothing. 

Doesn't ask unless you want to know :)