Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Field Trip to Fire Station

For Tanner, visiting the local fire station has been a dream come true.  Lucky for him, his preschool got to visit this past week.

I wish I could accurately capture Tanner's fire fighter addition.  The truth is...it's just not possible.  Just for fun, Tanner watches this educational fire safety video from the local library.  Just for fun, we pretend various Lego mini-figures are on fire as the firefighters race to the rescue...like a million times a day.  Tanner has read pretty much every book with fire fighters.




Oddly, Tanner was just in a state of awe as we toured the facility, saw were they ate, cooked, and slept, walked through a real fire truck, rang the bell of the firetruck, and eyed the special tools.

Tanner has long since memorized the Call 9-1-1 and "Stop, drop, and Roll!" parts of fire safety.  When I asked him if he learned anything, he said that "If there's ever a fire fighter trying to help you, you should run to him fast and give him a hug and not to be scared by all the equipment they wear."


He also said "They have really big scissors [referring to the jaws of life steal cutters used for car crashes]!"


He was so busy staring in awe that I don't think he said a single word the entire time.  When I asked him what his favorite part was, his sole reply, "Mom, all of it was my FAVORITE!"  Of course!



Brooke was such a trooper.  It was nap time but she was the best behaved lil girl...except when she was trying to grab my camera.