There's a new addition in our home.
My sister Katelynn moved in with us last spring in Dallas. Kinda crazy timing considering I was about to pop at any moment, and shortly thereafter, decided we were selling our home, and up and moved to KC.
But she's been a great addition to our family. When we went to Dallas earlier this month and Katelynn stayed behind, Tanner's first comment to her was "I love-missed ya. I MISSED you because I LOVE you!"
And we get to hang out a lot. It's been a huge adjustment no longer working for Deloitte and having oversimulated brain activity and adult interaction, but then moving to a new city where I hardly know anyone. My family has become my best friends and I seriusly can't imagine my life...let alone one day...without them.
But it's been a bit of rollercoaster...to say the least. But that's another story for another day. Just ask Anthony what it's been like with not one, but two preggo ladies in the house. And now, not one, but two babies!!
Step aside Brooke, there's a new girl in town. Welcoming, Baby Scarlett Caliah Knickerbocker!!
If Brooke could talk, I'm pretty sure she'd be saying, "Hey, give me some of that hair!" Baby Scarlett has the softest, thickest, silkiest hair I've ever seen. Brooke actually has more hair than Tanner, but that doesn't say a whole lot either.
Tanner likes to refer to Scarlett as his sister too. Once I overheard him telling the neighbors he has 2 babies. Later the kids saw both of us -- sitting outside holding the wee little ones -- and asked if he had two moms. Can't have any of those rumors starting up!
We're not sure how long it'll last, but for now, we enjoy having these two around. We'll take all we can get!


