Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm addicted!!


I've started reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. While I liked the first book, I wasn't totally addicted. But the second one really did me in. Even with a friend halfway spoiling the story for me - I still absolutely loved it. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. All day on Saturday I sat and read the book until I was finished. But it was the perfect day to read - it was raining outside - the aftermath of Hurricane Ike reaching Dallas and I didn't want to take Tanner anywhere. And while Tanner didn't want to take a very long nap, he was totally content cuddling up with me while I was reading. Tanner isn't much of a cuddler so so I had to enjoy it while it lasted!


I've heard mixed reviews - it seems like you either love or hate them. But I haven't heard any good argument from someone who did not like them. One friend mentioned that Bella and Edward don't have a healthy relationship as Edward stocks her at night and it always right behind her when she's in trouble. But Edward is a vampire and it's not real life. Let's think about Romeo and Juliet and how healthy their relationship was? And yet it's one of the greatest literary works and you can't get through high school without having to read that story!