In the middle of the night, I jumped out of bed as I heard Tanner making the strangest gagging noise. I usually don't really ever "jump" out of bed at his every noise, but this time it totally scared me and I thought for sure he was choking. But when I went into his room to check on him, he was ferociously sucking on his thumb! When he's hungry, his animal instincts come out and he loves to attack. It was so cute and I wanted to snap a picture, but resisted the urge as I was still hopeful he would go back to sleep.
Tanner is obsessed with having something in his mouth when he sleeps. At first I loved it cause I could lay him down for a nap and as long as he had his pacifer, he would be happy and fall asleep. But now he's started waking up and crying if he doesn't have it in his mouth - which means we're waking up more times than I would like at night. I'm trying to wean him from the habit...but it's probably my fault. At the beginning I use to nurse him for almost an hour cause he never acted like he was done - he'd always keep sucking. And then he would spit up so much or just start not swallowing the milk - all signs he's had more than enough - but me being the clueless first-time-mom still was worried he must not be eating enough. To say the least, I've stopped timing it and wait for him to tell me when he's done. And amazingly enough, he eats in less than 15 minutes. Little boys get straight down to business!


