Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is this the same baby?


I know people always say how quickly babies grow up, but seriously, Tanner really has grown outrageously fast. As just so everyone else can see - I posted these pictures. Looking at the pics, it's hard to imagine that it's really the same baby - just 11 weeks apart!

The first pic is when we were leaving the hospital with Tanner. Even on the tightest setting, he was drowning in the car seat. And now just at 2 1/2 months, I'm wondering how long it's going to be until he outgrows it. While he weighed only 7 lbs 2 oz upon discharge, he at least weighs 14 lbs now - meaning that he's nearly doubled in size. Just look at his legs - as a newborn, he had little froggy legs and now they are full of rolls.

Just in the past few weeks, Tanner has outgrown all his newborn and 3 month baby clothes. The other day I was putting on a new pair of 3-6 month pants. They were so tight around his waist that I decided to leave the top button undone. He's so chubby and when he wears pants, it only makes his belly stick out even more! So I'm hoping he grows a few inches and thins out some...otherwise I'm going to be sad if he never can wear any of his 3-6 month clothes.

Ok - one more story. I decided to open a new package of white onesies that I thought were 3-6 months to make sure he got some wear out of them. When I put them on him, they still seemed kinda small and I hadn't even washed them yet. The next day when I was pulling another out of the package, I realized they were size 6-9 months. If he's already outgrowing these clothes...I'm in trouble cause it means he won't be able to wear half the clothes I bought him. I kinda went crazy when I found out I was pregnant and he already has a wardrobe full of clothes up to 12 months.

Cherish every moment - it'll be gone before you know it.