Sunday, November 16, 2008

The shirt says it all!


This is the story of my life right now. Tanner seems just to wake up more and more every night - thereby severally limiting my precious beauty sleep each ninght. While he does always go back to sleep, he usually wakes up anywhere from 3-5 times a night. By 4 or 5 in the morning, I'm usually so tired that Anthony tries to pacify him w/ the pacifer, but the magic of the pacifier is slowly diminishing as Tanner holds out for more the real goods - more milk. So what ends up happening is both Anthony and I aren't getting any real sleep!

People keep saying that one day they'll just sleep through the night - but I wondering how much longer do I have to wait? And in the meantime, how many bad habits am I establishing that I'll just have to break later?

But as a positive note, sometimes I just love this time with him. He'll just fall asleep in my arms and I just have to hold him a few extra minutes - or sometimes longer. I've been known to fall asleep on the couch too. But I just love to stare at my baby in amazement and remember how precious he is.


PS - This is what I pray for every night.