I thought I should take a moment to share all the wonderful things I am grateful for. Really, my list good go on forever as I have SO much to be thankful for. Not that I have the perfect life, but thinking about it, there's not many things I would change. And hey, what else could a person ask for???
- Book club - it's seriously the favorite night of the month. I LOVE it! I look forward to it weeks in advance and it just makes my day. I love to read, but usually need motivation and a deadline. I don't know what I love the most about it. It's not just the books and the discussions, but mingling with friends, eating yummy food, and just relaxing w/the girls.
- My bank account - With the economy gone south, I am grateful that I'm been somewhat prudent and managed to save a chunck of change to help pay for Anthony's dental school tuition. As one of partners I work with said - It's just like buying a new car each year. Except both her and her husband are partners in the firm and so they're totally loaded - so it's not the same. While there's always room for improvement in my spending habits, I'm grateful to have a college education, a job that challenges my mind, and earn a good living so there's still some that's left over.
- Grandparents - Tanner (and myself included) are very fortunate to have such loving grandmas. While it's not a perfect situation (I still wish I didn't have to work), in my mind, I couldn't picture a better scenerio, and LOVE the fact they are willing to help with Tanner while I have to work. They take such good care of him - taking him for walks, reading him books, and just holdings/cuddling him. It just makes it easier as I leave for work, I know he's in the arms of people who love him.
- My hubbie - I think the best decision I ever made was to marry Anthony. Not that he is perfect, but that he complements me perfectly. Before we got married, people always commented that the first few years of marriage was the roughest, but so far, we haven't experienced that point.
- Tanner - Remembering back to last Thanksgiving, we were announcing to our families that we were pregnant. For my fam, I mentioned it while we were going around the table each sharing individual items were were thankful for. And for Anthony's family, he happened to sneak it in during the prayer on the Thankgiving meal. Looking back over all the events that have transpired over the past year - I'm grateful for how wonderful everything turned out. Although there's always things I wish I could change, I got my wish - and that was a beautiful, healthy little baby.
And in the end, I think Tanner makes me a better person. I always want him to have the best, and as a result, I want to be better for him. One of my friends was reading my blog and commented that I'm much less emotionally guarded now. And I didn't realize it until after she said it, but it's true. Having a baby has brought out the emotional side of me that I didn't know existed - but in a good way. It's like you learn to love more than you knew you ever could.
I hope one day I can instill in him the values that are precious to me, but always want him to be the spirited, vivacious little baby boy that I love so dearly.


