Wednesday, October 1, 2008

3 Months!

Tanner is 3 months today. And now there is nothing little about him, just look at him! Nonetheless, I still love this song by Lonestar, "Let them be little." I'm sure I'll continue to agree with the words of this song no matter how big he gets. I hope to always remember each stage of his life down to the day he was born.

But I do love his new playfulness, energy and smiles. He has outgrown his newborn fussiness and now is so much happier - which has makes being a mom so much easier. Each day he seems to learn something new. For example, yesterday we had him sitting on the kitchen table in his Bumbo chair so he could try to enjoy dinner with us. We had given him a toy to play with, but he instead was reaching for the potpourri in my centerpiece. It never dawned on me that he has figured out how to use his hands and grab for things, but then one day you look at him playing and he just does it. Little kids are so amazing!!

Tanner has also learned to scout and wiggle his way around. I have to buckle him into everything now, otherwise he'll find a way out. And in his crib, I lay him down in the center, but when I go to pick him up, he's usually in the corner somehow.


I just figured out a new feature on my digital camera - the video cam. I used it to take a few videos of him today, but ignore my talking. I just wish you could hear his little coos better. But if you're bored, check them out cause I think they're cute and know the grandparents will too :)