Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homemade Pumpkin Pie


Today I got together with a friend to make a homemade pumpkin pie - completely from scratch. And while we were at the arboretum last week enjoying the pumpkin fall festival, we were inspired! In college, I had this amazing roomate Jen who use to do it every year. She's one of the best cooks I know and I still use some of her recipes.

But anyhow, it took a lot of time, from scooping out the seeds to cooking the pumpkin to making the pie crust, but well worth it in the end. And it tasted delicious. I think I'll have to make it a new tradition.

We also learned it takes even longer to do anything with our little babies.

Tanner has a buddy Rhus who was born just a few weeks ahead of him. Just as one was falling asleep, the other one would wake up. They're still a little two young to know what to do with eachother, but we're hopeful one day they'll be best buds.