Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Color Puple - Oct 7th


Last night I went to go see The Color Purple at Fair Park. For my mom's and Chelsea's birthdays, I told them I would take them to see the musical. They had to wait a few months, but it was well worth it.

I had never seen the movie before so I didn't know much about the it - but the story is amazing. By the end, we were all in tears. It's the powerful story of a girl who triumphs over adversity that has plagued her life -with the love of her sister and God being her only true source of comfort. Through much of my life - I can say these two fources have kept me going as well.

We had purchased season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musical shows - but this was by far the best one and made up for the other lousy shows we had to "endure" this year. The only other good show that played was The Drowsy Chaperone - it was hilarious. If you get a chance, you should definitely see it.

P.S. - Ruth, we missed you!