Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Letter







Dear Friends & Family~

Even though I’ve only been here less than half the year – oh what a year it has been! By far the roughest days were the first few in the hospital, but after that, life has been great! As you can tell from my pic, I love to eat. What little boy doesn’t? I still don’t quite sleep through the night. I just miss mommy too much and want to make sure I get enough snuggle time with her. Shhhh – it’s a secret – but for Christmas I am going to give Mommy & Daddy a silent night.

Mom has had a busy year. When she was pregnant with me, she had to go on bed rest a month before I was due. But to make it easier on her, I decided to come over two weeks early. All my kicking finally did something! Mommy was able to spend almost 4 months with me, but now she is back at work. She told me she was promoted to manager, but I don’t know what that means. She says can make more $ and work less so she has more time to spend with me, which makes me happy. And I’m lucky to have both Nanny Knickerbocker & Grandma Callison help take care of me while she is away.

Daddy is still in dental school. One year down - just three more to go! When I was first born, he was working on a research project that involved dogs. I went to visit him at school one day, but I still wasn’t able to see them. Dad is pretty smart. He doesn’t study too much and is still at the top of his class. I want to be like him one day. Now he’s just trying to look ahead at life after dental school and figure out what he should do. But I can’t think that far.

As if school and work are not enough, Mommy and Daddy are involved w/church stuff too. Just as Mommy was released from Young Women’s, Daddy was called into Young Men’s. They just can’t get a break! Actually, Daddy enjoys it much more than his previous calling as it gives him an excuse to feel young again. Like right now he’s on a canoeing trip with the boys. I just hope he still wants to go w/me when I grow up.

When I was born, I thought it would be hard to leave Jesus and Heavenly Father’s presence, but I have great parents who take such good care of me. But I still remember what it was like and promised to pass along this message - celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and always remember that you are a child of God.

Your favorite baby,

Tanner Reed Callison