Monday, December 22, 2008

Let the race begin!

Tanner has just mastered the art of rolling over - now in both directions - and seems to enjoy himself. While he does seem to enjoy "tummy time" more now, I quickly learned it has it's other drawbacks- like diaper changes. It was nearly impossible to get Tanner's diaper on today - it easily took twice as long. And he has the worse rash ever and I was trying to put some cream on it. I finally let him roll over and put the cream on while he was on his tummy, then tried to flip him back over to get the diaper on. I just can't imagine what it is going to be like when he starts to crawl!


And yes, as you can see, Tanner is all better and is back to his fiesty little self. Just look at his determination as he tries to rollover. He'll do it 5 times in a row...but then when I take the camera out...he acts like he's just learning again. Such a funny kid!





Tanner's skin usually isn't very sensitive, but last night he manager to go #2 in his diaper and he slept in it for hours. By the time I changed him at 5 in the morning, his little bottom was already raw. I've never heard him cry so much changing his diaper. Usually if I don't change his diaper in the middle of the night, he's soaking wet by the time morning comes, even with the overnight diapers. The kid has some special abilities when it comes down to it...