My little Tanner's has been sick this week so it's been rough on him. It all started on Wednesday morning with a slight cough, but it kept getting worse as the day continued and the symptons kept piling on...runny nose, watering eyes, hoarse cough, and now he is starting to get a fever. I got to work from home that day - and he just wanted to sleep and cuddle most of the day.
While I do love the extra cuddle time I've had with him this week - as a first time mom, I just feel so clueless and helpless. Hearing his little cry and wimper - it would makes me feel so sorry for him. He just sounds so pathetic and sad when he cries. And his voice is so hoarse and cracked...he sounds like a chain smoker :)
He's still young enough that there is not much OTC medication that you can give him. But luckily I have friends who have offered suggestions - one bring herbal cough syrup and chamoil oil to rub on his chest to help with congestion. And the occasional Tylenol to help with his fevor. But I've decided medicine is mostly for the parents - it just makes be feel better knowing I'm at least trying to do something.
Despite his health, he's just as happier as ever. When you look at him, he still greets me with a huge smile so I haven't been too concerned. But then tonight ever since I've been home he's been crying and whimpering. And his fever seems to be on the rise. While I hate to be the paranoid mom that overacts to a simple cold...if he's not better by tomorrow...I'm taking him to the doctor! With him being so little, it's hard if not impossible, to tell if it's something worse like step throat or an ear infection. He still loves to eat (of course!) and has been sleeping for longer periods of time so I'm just hoping nature will run it's course and he'll be stronger because of it. He's got to be feeling better in time for his very first Christmas!


